Sunday, September 30, 2012

Szentendre field trip

I am not sure how it happened but I got roped into being a room parent.
I have dodged the bullet for years so I shouldn't be surprised that it finally caught up 
with me. Especially considering the odds, there are only 13 kids in the class and
Mack is the ONLY American. So I should have guessed it would fall on me.
One thing I don't mind about being the room mom is getting to spend one
on one time with my child. And this particular one seems to really
enjoy all the time and attention he is getting. 
He was so sweet the whole day wanting to sit by me and be next to me through
every event. This isn't typical behavior for him so I kind of relished in it.

Szentendre is a city 30 miles or so outside of Budapest and is known for its craftsman work 
and artisans. Something I look forward to going back to see one day really soon.
They also have an working open air museum devoted to 
traditional hungarian villages and their way of life.
We started the day with threshing the wheat, taking the separated grain and getting 
it ready for one of the many mills to eventually be turned into fresh baked bread.
The kids enjoyed this interactive museum and learning about how it 
took a whole village and a whole day just to get bread.






threshing the grain

my turn

The entire class... ARE you kidding me??
Isn't it AWESOME!


silly boys kneading the bread.
I am not sure putting the boys all together in one group was the best idea..look at the ladies face.

Baking in the oven heated by wood then scraped out and washed out to make room for the bread.
The bread apparently cooks move even without direct heat. It worked because they were DELICIOUS!


No comments: