Monday, September 10, 2012

15 years

Did you know that the 15th wedding anniversary is the Crystal Anniversary?
Neither did I until I looked it up. 
It usually goes down like this; the first part of August I scour the internet trying to 
find out what our upcoming anniversary is represented with.
Every year I rack my brain I always have 
 a hard time trying to come up with something for Cam, 
so as usual I did my own thing.
I think those traditional gifts are for girls anyways.
Cam is always able to find me something great within the traditional gift parameters.
This year was a super cute crystal bracelet, necklace and earrings.
Good job Cam!
Me on the other hand planned a full fun day out on the town for us.
I normally would think that 15 years of marriage would mean a great vacation some where, but since we sort of just moved to our great vacation destination and not really in a position to leave our kids for any great amount of time I figured exploring our new amazing city would fit the bill.
It sure did, we had a great day that felt like we were miles away from home.

First we rented bikes and rode around Margit Island to see all its beauty and treasures. Super fun and cool place right in the middle of the Danube river. It is about 3 miles around and houses hotels, spas, a water park, gardens, playgrounds, petting zoo, historical ruins and on and on. 

We will be spending lots of time there for sure!
with our super cool basket bikes. Manly I know!

in front of one of the gardens


 after our bike ride I booked us massages in one of the hotel spas 
they were absolutely perfect after our bike riding exploring

Prying ourselves off the massage tables was difficult, but what made it a lot easier was knowing we were going to one of Budapests most famous restaurants Gundel's for Lunch

Food and atmosphere were perfect.
My lunch some chicken yumminess and Cams traditional paprika chicken was sooo good!
We had to almost roll ourselves out of Gundel's and 
walk across the street to Varos Liget (City Park)
I would like to put this park and Central park head to head 
to see which one comes out on top.
They both are awesome and have a ton of things to do and see 
as well as have their pluses and minuses, so it would be a close race for sure.

Varos Liget has numerous playgrounds, lakes, 18th century castles you know the normal park stuff. ;) It also has a great zoo, a year round circus, an amusement park, tons of restaurants and is home to one of Europes most famous bath houses. 
Szecheny Baths

My eyes hurt from the continual strain on them to see all the architure, paintings and tile work surrounding its something like 30ish or so different types of "baths".
 I am also pretty sure all the European swimwear added to my eye discomfort. 
I must really want to show you this place if I am willing to subject my extremely white, swim-clad, haven't worked out in over a year body.
 Please oh please look beyond us and all the Europeans (eek), 
and look at this places grandeur. 

These photos are definitely not doing this place justice at all!



I kind of feel like the Pepsi endorsements on the umbrellas ruin this places authenticity a bit, don't you?  

aren't we cute all middle aged and stuff.

We spent nearly 4 hours soaking in different baths and their healing powers. Some were mineral, some were thermal, some were hot, some were cold, multiple steam baths and saunas. Because they were all called something different we decided would try to figure out the difference between them. I am not sure if we ever really did but what we did do was leave with our skin and bodies feeling refreshed, smooth and extremely relaxed.
Time for the last costume change and the final part of our day.
Cam wanted to be in charge of our dinner plans. Something I more than willingly handed over to him.

He reserved us a table on top of the wall at Fishermans Bastion overlooking Pest and all its glory. Watching the sun set, eating delicious food and spending time alone together discussing our goals and plans while in this city was beyond a dream.

I don't know if a movie or dating television show could have created a more perfect day. 

2 comments:

Juli said...

Congrats on 15 years! What a great way to spend your anniversary. Hope you are all doing well. We miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! What a fun day! It's been fun reading about your new adventures! Keep 'em comin'!

I'm so sorry about your pictures!! What a nightmare! I'll keep sending happy thoughts in hopes that they will be saved!