Monday, September 10, 2012

Back to School

It was a LONG and exhausting summer and this family couldn't have been more ready to start a routine and bring some normalcy back into our lives again. 
We knew the only way to successfully achieve this
was to start school. 
Our kids are incredibly lucky to be enrolled in a top-knotch American International school.
The campus would have many college campuses drooling and the curriculum and average class size of 13 kids has many of my friends in the states drooling.

I am so impressed by my kids, this is their third school in 3 years. With little complaint and hesitation. They know they will make friends and fit right in.
They are so brave they constantly amaze me.

Its been 3 weeks and so far everyday my kids get off the bus with big grins and lots of great stories about their day.
In fact Mack has decided to run for Student Council despite he is new and only in third grade.
What more could a mom ask for!
3rd and 1st Grade

Cal ready to go too (even though he didn't start for another few weeks)

Waiting for the bus

he can run but he can't hide

at his cubbie

with his teacher Miss Regan

at his cubbie

Finally his big day!!

Preschools here believe in 5 days a week all day, I personally think that is WAY too much for little guys, especially mine. 
I couldn't believe how many "discussions" 
I had with school officials
telling them that time with Mom is just as important. 
And what was even more shocking was that I could tell they weren't really agreeing with me. Seriously!?!
After tirelessly looking I found a school that was willing to offer me 2 full days a week and considering my other 
options I jumped on it.
You should have seen their faces when I told them 
next year he would increase to only 3. (hehe)

I have to admit I wasn't ready for him to go, if it wasn't for the fact that he is completely bored at home now that the brothers are in school I think I may have left him home another year. 
The first day he was gone, I was a little lost. Its been 9 1/2 years since I have been home all day alone. 
It was eerie and somewhat bothersome because the whole day I felt like I had lost something or was missing something.
And sure enough I was.
My kids!

Although most days I feel like pulling my hair out, 
I REALLY know how empty and incomplete my life 
would be without them. 
So thank you "school" for the brief break from Mommydom AND for making my kids smart and stuff, but if its all the same to you I will try to keep them at home as much as possible!


1 comment:

Amber said...

Love the pictures! What a wonderful experience you having. I am jealous that your kids have such small class sizes! Hope all is well!