Sunday, October 14, 2012

I actually live here!!

One of the many things I like about moving around a lot 
are the moments that I get to say to myself
"I ACTUALLY LIVE HERE"
it doesn't matter if its been Texas, South Dakota, California, Washington DC
and especially now Hungary. 
There are things I have seen or places I have visited that have really
tickled my fancy. There is always beauty in every location,
 you just have to look for it and trust me in some 
of my locations I have had to look really hard.

So far living in Budapest I have had the 
"I ACTUALLY LIVE HERE" thought
cross my mind almost on a daily basis.

This particular night however was probably the most defined moment
in my life where those words have been uttered. My jaw dropped
and it left not only me, but my kids speechless. 
I think it was the exact response Cam was looking for when
he planned our family home evening to Mt. Gellert 
a peak on the west side of the Danube river.

This location was where Cam was brought on one of his first nights as an LDS missionary
by his mission president. Upon this hill the mission president gave a brief fireside and 
explained to all these newly arrived "greenie" missionaries that it was on Easter, 
April 19, 1987 that Elder Russell M Nelson of the Council of the twelve apostles dedicated
the country of Hungary for the preaching of the gospel. It was only a year later
that the church was granted full recognition by the Hungarian government, enabling 
the church to teach and baptize.

You can see the whole city here and at night it truly takes your breath away!


a nice shot of the Chain bridge and Parlament



 There are a few restaurants and shops at the top and is home to the Freedom Statue--Hungary's 
equivalent of the Statue of Liberty.
 The hill is also rich in Hungarian history,
one of the favorites of my kids were all the statues and war machinery.



Life imitating art



or with these two it was the other way around.

trust me they didn't need any encouragement to recreate this statue. 






No comments: