There is a great phenomenon that happens around here every month
or so and is commonly known as
"Free Date Day".
It is when the American Embassy celebrates an American
holiday--in this case Columbus Day--and
the schools are still in session.
Meaning we have 8 hours of uninterrupted time to
do what we want and we don't have to
worry about child care.
It really gives the parents around here a
cause for celebration.
A few us decided to take advantage of the beautiful fall we are experiencing
and hit the bikes. Szentendre
(also the place Mack had his field trip earlier, in case it sounded familiar)
is a small city 20 Kilometers north of Budapest
along the river. The path didn't stick to the river the whole time,
we had to meander through neighborhoods and city traffic
but we made it safe and sound to enjoy
an absolutely delicious meal.
Probably one of the best I have had so far and I am pretty sure it didn't
have anything to do with how famished I was.
My knees started giving me grief and of course
my hiney wasn't prepared for such an excursion,
but it was so worth it. I love to bike ride especially when the scenery is
so outstanding. Cam and I have had intentions for the last 15 years of marriage
to get bikes of our own.
After this trip we said enough already,
we are finally getting ourselves some bikes.
I hope it really happens this time, because I want
to do many more trips like this.
![]() |
| Kristyn and John who is the authority on all bike riding and served as our guide. Thanks John for lowering your standards to bike with us. |
![]() |
| Anne and Paul |
| mmmm....yummy memories! |



No comments:
Post a Comment