Friday, April 3, 2009

Happy Birthday Grandpa


this is maybe a quarter of all the girl cousins I have....
Last week the kids and I returned from a week long trip to Utah. My boys are seasoned travelers and do great on road trips. So the 11 hours in the car was well worth the trip.
My Grandpa celebrated his 90th birthday in style. I am so grateful that I was able to make the trip to share that day with him. I love seeing all my extended family.
While we were in Utah we stayed at my brothers house where my boys always have a good time with their cousins. We swam at an indoor wave pool in Layton and went to the Tree House childrens museum in Ogden. Both great family attractions. Then we spent the last few days of our trip in Orem with Cams family. We went to the Aquarium in Sandy (of course not nearly as amazing as the one in Monterey but not bad for land locked Utah. Kanagaroo Zoo was also a hit and a trip to Utah is not complete without some Cafe Rio. YUMYUM.
This totally goes to show what some of my priorities are but what the heck. I will let you in and take a glimpse of my shallow side! I love shopping trips. As I am sure not a shock to anyone I had quite a list of shopping places I wanted to go. Normally I never get to all my places but this time I DID!!!
Oh Tai Pan, Ikea, Nordstom, Down East, Forever 21 only to name a few, how I wish we could have a healthy normal relationship but until I live in civilization again we will have to settle for these short bursts of binge shopping. The only thing that would have made my trip complete would have been able to have time to see all of our friends lucky enough to reside in such a shoppers haven, NEXT TIME! :)

Tree House museum with cousin Kate.


the Aquarium with Cousin Beatrix



3 comments:

Chalonn said...

I LOVE shopping trips too! In Seattle we have all of your favorite stores except for Tai pan..come here to shop next time! So, where did you get Mack's cute shoes???

Jessica said...

I too love me a good shopping trip. I miss some of the same places. Glad you had a good trip!

Leslie said...

We love Kangaroo Zoo! Looks like you had a fun trip. I love the up-close shot of the three boys above. How do you get them all to smile at the same time?