Last night we were able to finally celebrate Creed's potty party at Chuck E Cheese. After my last post of him struggling I decided to show him the toy cars I was bribing him with. Maybe with some proof that I wasn't bluffing he would try harder. Sure enough it worked. A little motivation was all it took. We haven't had a problem for a week.
Not to be outdone by his brothers our newest little munchkin decided he needed some attention on the blog. Yesterday morning I started having some seriously painful and frequent contractions. So after talking to my friend who is an OB nurse and 5 hours of 3-7 min. contractions we decided I better go in. After doing the stress test and realizing these things were for real they gave me a shot of Tributeral (sp?) and a prescription to stop the contractions. Those seasoned preterm laborers out there probably know this stuff better than I. So although it was a little nerve racking since I am not any where near ready to have this baby I feel pretty good about things today. The medications seems to be helping. I am not contracting near as often and when I do they are small and manageable.
Hopefully I won't be "taking it easy" for too long cuz I can only blog stalk for so long. And I know for a fact that no one wants me to just blog for blogging sake. The inner workings of my mind can be a boring place.
I know these pictures have nothing to do with the post, but I always like to see pictures with posts and since I don't have any surrounding the events I talked about I will share some random summer fun.
Our back yard slip and slide fun with some neighborhood kids
The boys on the train at Story book island
playing in the creek at Canyon Lake park and the proud group of fishermen after the dead fish was finally caught out of the lake.
6 comments:
Heather, you must be going crazy! I'm so sorry that your little one wants to come out and play, stay put for a few more weeks kid! I'm glad the potty training is over- i'm not looking forward to Jack. Well, take it easy and relax! Call me if you need to talk. good luck Mandy
I hope you're feeling better now! I'm such a bad neighbor! I didn't know you were contracting, and I didn't know my next door neighbor's foot was broken! Where have I been?! Let me know if you need anything!
So cool that Mack can ride without training wheels! I'm glad for you and for Creed about the potty training! Awesome! Sorry to hear about your little guy trying to come early! How scarey! Please, Please let me know if you need anything! I would be happy to take the boys for you if you need a break.
Oh how fun for you and your boys...I hope it all goes away soon. I had faulse labor for the last 3 months of both my prengancys (sp) and it was nerve racking. I hope it doesn't continue for you. Baths always seemed to help. It will all be over soon.
Yay for the potty training success and for riding a bike without training wheels! :)
I'm glad that you are feeling better. These doctors that tell you to take it easy when you have kids at home are crazy! Please let me know what we can do to help!!!
You've got to hate those stinking contractions! I got them so bad with Zach. I had to call the doctor in the grocery store parking lot because I didn't think I'd make it home...I really thought I was in labor. All he told me was to go home and take a hot bath! Hopefully the medication will help. I'm like you though, no where near ready to have a baby, can you believe we're almost there?
Post a Comment