

The Rapid City Rush is the new professional hockey team that started this season. They are a pretty big deal here. Cam and I decided that some one on one time with each of the older boys would be beneficial for each of them and even us. So last friday Cam and Mackguire went to the hockey game while Creed and I had a date night watching space chimps and having goodies at home. Then last night it was Creed and Cam's turn to go to the hockey game while Mack and I watched the clone wars movie. (which by the way it had already been watched multiple times by the boys but Mom hadn't seen it yet, so of course that is what Mack wanted to watch)
At the hockey game each boy made it on the jumbo tron which they obviously thought was cool. And last night the team captain threw the game puck to Creed after the first period. The boys of course love having that around the house. Its a trophy of sorts. It has turned out to be very a rewarding experience for Cam and I. It is great to just have that individual time to get to talk to the boys and be able to focus attention on them. You would think that the one being left at home would be disappointed or not nearly as thrilled as the one getting to go to the hockey game but that is not the case. It turns out that hanging out with just mom is also a treat. Who would have thought!
Sorry the pictures aren't great. They were taken with the cellphone.
1 comment:
I do that with the boys one on one. We call it a date. I started doing that when James deployed the second time. The boys look forward to it every month. I do too!
Post a Comment