Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Callan is 3 months old

Callan testing out Kinga's new doggy bed making sure its adequate enough for the pampered pooch!


Who can resist how precious a sleeping baby looks.


I don't know if there are any cuter brothers out there! (if you find some keep that info to yourself) :)


What a darling guy!
I don't know how to describe it but I am totally in love with this little guy. (not so little really, he is already 15.5 lbs.) Don't get me wrong I have loved my other babies too, but for some reason this one has me wrapped around his little finger. Maybe its because he doesn't talk back, yell, fight, kick, or scream. Well, Ok he does scream but its different than the older boys. Or maybe its because now that I am a seasoned mom I know how quick this baby stage really is. Or maybe its because I have finally succomb to the fact that I am a MOM!! It has only taken 3 kids for it to really sink in that my needs and wants are truly secondary to the happiness and needs of these 3 special spirits loaned to me from my Heavenly Father. But whatever the reason I can't imagine being happy without him.
I have heard other people describe babies as being such a joy and wonderful addition to their family. I always thought they were just talking about their own joy. But now I get it. Now that I have children old enough to recognize and enjoy the baby I can see what they are talking about. This little boy has brought out so much goodness in his older brothers and has truly brought a sense of tranquility and peace to our otherwise chaotic home. I know I must sound rediculious ranting on and on but for some reason these are all thoughts I have had for quite a few weeks now and have felt the need to write them down.
So now on to what is new in Cal's ever changing world;
He is turning into such a happy baby. I use that term loosely because the verdict was out on that one for awhile. Cal has the greatest smile, everytime he hears Cam's or my voice it is from ear to ear. He adores his big brothers, especially Mack. He can watch him for hours, he finds him extremely entertaining. The discovering of his hands and his voice has been a real treat for Callan. He is now reaching out and grabbing the toys hanging on the toy bars above him and is getting louder and louder when he talks. He really only gets good sleep when he is lying next to me or in arms face nestled into your armpit. He must love the fragrant smell.
Other than him being such a tank, and not even close to sleeping through the night. I have no real complaints. He is perfect!

18 comments:

Shanda said...

He is really a cutie! And such a big boy! I can't believe my little guy is 5 months now! It seems like Preston and I were in your neck of the woods just a couple of weeks ago. I finally blogged about our trip and visit with your family! Thanks for letting us crash at your house for a few hours!

Emily said...

Yes, your boys are way cute!!! I totally know what you mean about what a baby does to a family. I remember my 3rd baby being so different from the other two as well. They just grow too fast though.

Emily said...

Yes, your boys are way cute!!! I totally know what you mean about what a baby does to a family. I remember my 3rd baby being so different from the other two as well. They just grow too fast though.

Stewart Family said...

What a sweet post. Make sure you keep that one, he will love to read that later on in life. I am glad things are going well for you. Your boys are getting so big!

The Addams Family said...

He sure is darling!

Amber said...

Three months already? Callan is adorable. I totally agree with your post. I feel that I am truly trying to savour each moment. You never get them back and I don't have the greatest memory so that's why I take tons of pictures. It is fun to have a dark headed baby (or just a baby with hair, isn't it? Avery isn't close to sleeping through the night either. She's 10 months now. Will it ever happen?

Jessica said...

He is adorable! You have very handsome little men and a beautiful family!

Buxton Family said...

Your boys are super cute. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. They grow up too fast. Rachel is already counting down the months until she can get her driving permit. I don't even want to think about it.

Carlie said...

They are very cute boys...I'd give them second place (my own take first :0) But they are going to melt the girls hearts! That's what they get when their mom is so hot! (I can't say Dad is hot- that would just be weird... no offense Cam) I can't believe how big Cal is getting! Where does time go? Keep up on being a great mom!

Leslie said...

I feel that same way about our third baby. Maybe I finally "get" being a mother and I'm not so stressed about every detail like I seemed to be with the other two. Whatever it is, baby boy #3 is precious.

Anneliese said...

i can't believe we were in two of the same cities over christmas and didn't get together. looks like you guys were quite busy, however. that picture of your three boys together cracks me up. they all have such a different expression on their little faces. How fun and cute.
do you ever go to our old ward when you go home?? i can say i rarely do, but i will if i know you're going to be there, just like in high school :-) so let me know next time you're around. good to know about Mack, because i have seriously worried about this since the day it happened. i don't want to look like a mom who doesn't take care of her kids. I hope they can hang in there another two years at least. but i don't know, every time he bites into something he cries that it hurts. :-(

Karla said...

He could not be cuter! Seriously, what a doll!!!

I totally get it about how you feel about your 3rd. I felt all those same things after Mallory was born. Something just clicked inside me after her. Funny, must be some sort of phenomenon, huh? :)

robin said...

callan is adorable. truly truly cute. ollie had that same blue outfit. loved it . . .

by the way, i met your friend natalie when we were in richmond. they're in josh's brother's ward. crazy small world. you two could be sisters!

The State of Our Family said...

What a lucky girl you are! Three great kids! I can see why he has you wrapped around his finger...he's just adorable!

Chalonn said...

I love this post! I can relate...I felt that way about London for her first year of life, but the feelings gone again...:-) I guess I need to have another baby now!

Betsy said...

I have felt the same way with Matthew. I guess 3 is the magic number.

Mary Peterson said...

I loved this post! It was so sweet to hear your thoughts on #3. I can't wait for my #3! Your boys are adorable.

jami wyatt said...

It was great to see you before Christmas. Your family is so cute. I'm sorry that you were sick! Was it Big Jud's? Crazy!! Anyway, my blog is going private, and I didn't want to leave you out (even though our blog is not that exciting). Send your email address to jnjlw@cableone.net.