Monday, September 30, 2013

School Glorious School.

We are almost to the half way point of the school year so to post 
the first day of school picture is a little sad. 
But if it makes you feel better
--because it does me--
I will post some of the fun things that have been happening
this first part of the year. 
See? All better right!

we may or may not have some posture issues to work out when taking photos I will let you decide.

One of my favorite days of the school year.
INTERNATIONAL DAY!

Creed was the lucky one selected to carry the flag in the parade.

I have told you how much I love my kids international school. Right?
Well, I feel like I need to tell you again.
I LOVE IT! It is something special.
We may just be ruined for public schools from now on.
I am a little worried (okay a lot worried) about this, but for now, I am enjoying what we have.
        
The 4th grade classes each put on little "Believable Characters" skits that they write and direct themselves.
Mack's class skit was called "Where's Bob?" 




Mack was Bob.
A presidential Secret Service agent whose real
ambition was to be comedian.
It was great. He was great!
 I loved watching him come out of his shell
and I could see it really boosted his self confidence.
                       

I know it won't last much longer, but I hope it will, that Mack wants me still attend all of his field trips. I really love the time I get to spend with him while on those. His latest trip was to the Vaserely abstract art Museum.
Every year the second graders put on a Circus to go with their science section on push and pull.
This production is phenomenal.
I have never attended an elementary school production that I was
incredibly sad it was over.
They put so much work into this and do such an amazing job.
Best part about Creeds costume is afterwards Mack came up to me looking distraught
saying he never saw Creed on stage. He had no idea his brother looked like this. :)

classroom reading forts, that the kids built themselves
outside races

And another 2nd grade highlight is the field trip to Challenge Land. A pretty intense ropes
course that puts all the responsibility on the kids to keep themselves safe.
There will be more about this in a later post.
I know you can't wait. :)




No comments: