3 weeks.
That is the amount of time my kids had off for Christmas break.
3 weeks.
That is a long time for me and 3 little boys to find things to do in the dead of winter
3 weeks.
Is just long enough for me to know my limits and officially throw in the towel
and look for reinforcements.
My reinforcements came in the form of friends
{as they most often do}
So I started looking into a plan.
Some families from our ward knew of a great place
in Austria--that they have been to going to for years--for good
family fun skiing. I being the not so shy or sly type for that matter
started asking questions and finagled an invitation to join them.
I am kind of kind of lame sneaky that way.
They on the other hand are gracious and kind and didn't make
us feel like intruders or an after thought at all.
With days to spare I found what I hoped would be a great little lodge to stay in
which proved to be outstanding.
The owner of the house was an amazing cook and our meals each night came
with great anticipation and ZERO complaining from my mini men.
That is huge people!
I am embarrassed to say after years of living in snow climates
we have never taken our kids skiing.
Cam and I grew up skiing and even did
it quite a bit while dating, but as the story goes once you get married
and priorities change it was something we decided we didn't need
to do anymore. What were we thinking?!
So we enrolled the kids in ski school and hoped for the best.
I thought I would be lucky if I skied two days,
thinking for sure I have would have at least 1 child
who wasn't digging the whole experience.
I never imagined that after 4 days we would have
all of them begging for more.
It was one of our best vacations yet!
![]() |
| First day! Not sure what to expect but he is READY! |
![]() |
| In case the skiing didn't work out, Callan was sure he could ninja chop the snow into submission. |
| This is what happens when your camera is cold and then suddenly warm--you get a nice dream like haze on your photos. These are the adults of our 22 person group. |
![]() |
| Ready for action! |
| I spent a lot of time just staring at the beauty around me. |
| Day 3 ready for some bigger hills |
| Cam and I didn't waste any time enjoying our kid free opportunity! |
| That pesky rope tow was such a challenge at times for the little folk |
| Sacia and I enjoyed a morning of girl ski time |
| Day 2 Mack graduated to the bigger class on the hill he couldn't have been more happy |
| lucky for me I was the one with the camera so I could document all of Cam's wipe outs. |
![]() |
| The last day we busted Mack out of the school for the afternoon to come hang with us. He did great and we all had a wonderful time. |
| And after Creeds race we grabbed him for a run and took him up on the mighty chair lift to see how well he was doing. My boys had no fear with this activity and did fantastic. Much to my dismay. |
| The award ceremony after the races. |
| the miracle workers or as most people refer to them the ski school instructors! |








No comments:
Post a Comment