Sunday, February 22, 2009

Creed's first talk


Last Sunday was Creed's first opportunity to give a talk in Primary at church. I absolutely love it when my kids give talks. It is one of my favorite mommy moments. I also love that it teaches kids to be confident in front of a crowd and gives them lots of practice in public speaking. What a great foundation for life. Creed's topic was "I came to this earth as part of a family." He did great, wasn't nervous, memorized some of his sentences and held up his pictures with pride. Cam even recorded some of it with his cell phone. Not sure that's kosher but yea, sometimes we are those parents. Sue us!

Sorry the recording is awful. You can't even see Creed, our primary is huge so Cam is standing pretty far back, and as we all know cell phones don't have that great of zoom.

7 comments:

Rasmussens said...

How cute and grown up is he! YOu guys better hang on with that one. Hope all is well!

trish said...

Ya, it's not kosher, but I have been known to record a talk or two of my kids (I try to be stealth about it! but someone always notices LOL) One ward we lived in had about 20 video camera break out as soon as the nursury kids made the journy to move up to sunbeams. Sniff Sniff - these are important times! He did a great job on his talk!

Amy said...

He is just adorable!

Mary Peterson said...

Creed did a great job on his talk. I'm glad that I was there to hear it and see his adoring parents. It always makes me smile to see supportive parents.

Buxton Family said...

I loved it when my kids gave talks when they were younger too. It is still great when they get older I guess too. Record them while you can!

Chalonn said...

darling, darling, darling! Soooo cute..he is growing up so fast!

The State of Our Family said...

What a great idea! I don't know if it's kosher either, but I would totally be THAT parent too. He did an awesome job.