Look at that baby, always rooting for food!
Precious
Our squadron puts a sign up in your yard after you have a baby announcing to everyone the arrival and birth stats. Our squadron mascot is the thunderbird. Hence, the thunderbaby sign and it is dropping an egg.
The boys got a hold of some vinyl scraps and decided they all needed mustaches!
If you look close enough on his shut eyelid you can see one of his many birth marks.
Just chillin on his light billy blanket.
As life goes it has been an eventful first week for lil' Cal (or Cow as Creed pronounces it). He was home all of about 5 hours before we turned around and headed back to the ER. His poor little "personals" were bleeding from the circumcision site. After waiting 4 hours to be seen (thank you ER doctor for forgetting about us in our exam room, it was awesome spending over an hour waiting for you to return.) it was midnight and we were finally able to go home and go to bed.
Monday morning comes along with another outing, this one to the pediatrician for his newborn check-up. As luck goes the poor guy has severe jaundice! His levels were 17.4. So yippee we get to do photo therapy for the next 3 days. And daily blood pricking's. We had to do the same thing for Mack and knew that the billy blanket strapped to his body day and night made for some fun nights.
In true Shirley boy fashion he is always hungry and I seem to do nothing but sit around and nurse. Unlike my first baby I am able to admit defeat and am not naive enough to think that I have all the answers. So he gets a bottle here and there to give me a reprieve. Hopefully in the next few days we will get regulated and on a little bit better eating cycle.
However, despite those minor medical issues, we have also had a lot of fun getting to know our new little brother. The boys both love to hold him and be near him. Which those opportunities are rare because he is always with me eating. They are eager to help and do whatever it takes to make him happy. Let's hope their enthusiasm holds up until he is 18!
Monday morning comes along with another outing, this one to the pediatrician for his newborn check-up. As luck goes the poor guy has severe jaundice! His levels were 17.4. So yippee we get to do photo therapy for the next 3 days. And daily blood pricking's. We had to do the same thing for Mack and knew that the billy blanket strapped to his body day and night made for some fun nights.
In true Shirley boy fashion he is always hungry and I seem to do nothing but sit around and nurse. Unlike my first baby I am able to admit defeat and am not naive enough to think that I have all the answers. So he gets a bottle here and there to give me a reprieve. Hopefully in the next few days we will get regulated and on a little bit better eating cycle.
However, despite those minor medical issues, we have also had a lot of fun getting to know our new little brother. The boys both love to hold him and be near him. Which those opportunities are rare because he is always with me eating. They are eager to help and do whatever it takes to make him happy. Let's hope their enthusiasm holds up until he is 18!
I had forgotten how much I love these first few weeks of life. Thanks to my mother in law who handles every thing else and allows me time to just be with Cal. Every moment I spend with him I am reminded what a precious gift life and health are and luckily I have experience on my side to know that in a blink this stage will be over.
15 comments:
Congratulations!! We are a bit late on saying so, but excited for you still. What a handsome BOY and a darling family!
there's a whole lot of boy going on in your house!
he's so cute heather. good job. and i love the name. i can't say that enough. i love it!
heather and cam, i am so happy for you. Congrats on the new family addition. The little guy is so cute. You look like you have your hands full.
He is gorgeous. Definatley a family resemblence! Congrats
I loved this post...he looks great and so do YOU!!! (you look like your skinny HS size again) The billy blanket looks cool..is that what they do instead of the lamp?
So happy for you...congrats!
YOU DID NOT JUST HAVE A BABY!! You look awesome, I need to know your secrets. Baby Cal is adorable, I can't wait to see him. Love the posts keep them coming!
You have quite the crew! So cute! I love the name Cal! Graham was almost Callahan! Good luck in the days ahead.
He is such a doll!!! I love the rooting face. That's all my kids did the first 3 months was nurse, nurse, nurse. I felt like I was always sitting feeding the baby. Such precious times!
Oh the jaudice. Dax, my oldest, had it real bad too, like 21 or something. Anyway, we had to bring home the suitcase lights and he had to be in it all the time and we had to cover his eyes. And the daily prickings too. I hated that, so I'm sorry that you have to deal with that. Those first couple of months you wonder why you even get dressed because you have to feed 24/7. Do you have some good books to read? If not, check out Tara's blog, she just did a post on a few good reads. All my kids would get a bottle at the hospital so they could learn early to "like" it. That way momma gets a break! I hope all goes well for you guys. He's so handsome!
What an adorable little addition. You have the cutest family! Sorry to hear about all of the er drama and docs visits. I hope that you are enjoying every little newborn minute. The time goes by so fast. I can't believe my little Madison is 10. Take care!
Much Move,
Heather
Meant to say "Much Love" I am sending "Much Love" no "Move" no "Move" ever again...not for a while at least. :)
Heather
Heather and Cam, Congrats! This is Natalie (Pettitt) Kewish from NJ. I just happened to see a link to your page on another blog and couldn't believe it. You guys have such a beautiful family. No surprise there! Good luck with those first few months. They are magical but so tiring, huh? I am pregnant with our third. Check out our blog. http://web.mac.com/kewishfamily/iWeb/kewishfam/Home.html We need to catch up! Love you and congrats again! Cal is beautiful!
What!! You had to go to the ER and he has jaudice. Why didn't I know this? Sorry for being a bad friend and RS pres. I hope everything is OK now! I'll be calling....
Congratulations Heather & Fam!
Sorry to hear about all the issues. All of my kids were checked a couple times to see if they were jaundice, but luckily none of them were. I hope he is doing well and I hope you are too. Three is definetly an adjustment.
Post a Comment