Yea! I can finally stop whining and moaning about being a single pregnant mom. Cam is finally home. I know to some of you these past 3 months have gone by quick, and in some ways it has for me too. That said though, it sure is nice to have another adult around especially when that adult is Daddy! The moment he arrived is one that will be etched in my mind forever. The boys of course were out the door to meet his car before I could even get my increasingly large hiney off the chair. So my first sight was Mackguire and Cam sitting in his car their eyes filled with tears. Mack said "mommy I am crying, but they are happy tears" the moment was so tender and sweet. Creed wouldn't let go of his neck and just kept kissing him everywhere all night long. He would mainly focus on his face, but there were lots of kisses on the arms, legs, and stomach. Anywhere he could reach. I guess he really did miss every part of his Daddy. For the last 3 days Creed keeps saying " I am so happy Daddy is home, I missed him so much."
To top my joy of having my family reunited I was lucky enough the next day to send that family away on the Father/Son camp out at church. The timing couldn't have been more perfect. I was ready to hand over all duties to Cam. I can't even begin to express how weird that night and next morning were to have complete time all to myself. When you have been "on duty" for so long it is hard to turn it off. I tried to live it up by going shopping and out to dinner with my great friend Robin whose 3 boys were off too. And then that night I went to another friends house who was hosting a movie night for some of the other lucky women whose boys were gone. I only made it through about 15 min of the movie before I crashed. I think my body knew it was time to come out of survival mode and just needed to sleep. To end my time alone I got a phone call the next morning from my gal Lauren who wanted to know if I wanted to go get a pedi and some lunch. I quickly jumped on it and said "yes lets hurry and go before the boys get home and I get stuck putting camping stuff away." So all in all my time was well spent and very much enjoyed. I just wish these camp outs were once a month. A mom can only dream!



13 comments:
So glad to hear the Cam is home safe and sound! My hat is off to all you mom's who do it solo while your husbands are away. Thanks for your service and sacrafice on our behalf!
Sounds like a great couple of days for all of you. A mommy break once a month complete with a pedicure and girls night sounds like a great idea! :)
Yippee!! He's home! What a cute homecoming moment with the boys!
You definitely deserved your break! Sounds like you packed it all in!
Way to make the most of the time to yourself! Sounds like you had a great time and some great friends to spend it with. I am glad that Cam is home to help you again. I can't imagine doing it alone for 3 months. You are superwoman!
So, what's next for the super mom??? You are awesome to be mom for that long without Cam, I can't last a night! When do you find out what you are having, girl/boy? I love looking at your blog! Give me a call some time, we need to catch up. Love ya
I am so happy for you to have your cute family back together. Hope all is well with the pregnancy. Your boys are too dang cute.
That's awesome! Glad Cam made it home. I seriously teared up a bit when I read that Mack cried when Cam came home. What a sweet guy!
How great for your boys to have dad back! (and you too!) Does Cam leave on these adventures a lot? Will he be heading out again? I don't know Air Force life. Too bad we don't live close that we could get together and chat it up... Have you found out what you are having yet? (See all these questions!) Go enjoy having the fam together!
I'm so glad you're all back together again. When does your South Dakota adventure begin? We sure miss you guys!
Hi to the Shirley family!!
Hey Cam--It's Heather (MacKay) Benson. Yes, from the neighborhood growing up. I've been blog stalking (at 2 am in the morning) and came across one of your friends blogs "Rexburbia", and he talked about you. I had to keep searching until I found yours.
You have such a beautiful wife and cute little boys. Isn't it amazing how we change (or don't change) in 15 years? I think that is how long it has been since I have seen you. How is your mom and dad? I think of your mom alot. She was a huge influence on me in YW.
I would write to tell you what my life is like now but it is easier to just check out our blog. heatherbenson.blogspot.com
Email me sometime lvlfosser@cox.net
I would love to chat and see who you have kept in contact with. I haven't kept in contact with many people, but there are a few I would love to find. Maybe you know where they are.
It's great to find you and see you are doing well.
Sorry--I typed my email wrong. I think it is time for me to go to bed.
lvflosser@cox.net
I'm so happy Cam is home. Tell your kids I cried reading about the reunion. It brings back many memories of our reunions with Wade.
Hi Heather, I'm glad to hear that Cam made it back! My boys also have greeted their daddy in similiar ways. I love the way that they look at their dad's face, hug them, and then look again. It's almost like they are making sure that it is really them. Good for you for living it up with the girls!
Hi Shirley's. Somehow I came across this blog. Since I have always tried patterned my life after the Shirleys - my physique after Cam, my brain after Heather (minus her dubious decision to choose Cam) - I need to get back in touch to see how far I have strayed from perfection. Please drop me a line.
eewesterberg@yahoo.com
Post a Comment