Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Hi and Bye Indy

Our house is no stranger to amphibians and reptiles.
Which really shouldn't shock anyone when you realize 
how many boys live under this roof.
I like to call us my boys (Cam sometimes the biggest offender)
equal opportunists when it 
come to our hopping, speedy, scaly little friends. 

Although you may not believe me, I do have my limits
and I have to draw the line somewhere. As my boys 
can attest to I DO IT ALL THE TIME.

If I didn't, could you imagine what would
be creeping and crawling around my house 
Sick!

This summer we had a brief roommate that we caught on 
July 4th and fittingly named him Independence (Indy) 
for short. The irony however was not lost on Cam
when he pointed out that the poor little guy lost his independence that day. 

No worries though it was short lived. 
We only kept him a couple of weeks
then we released him back to his native home our yard. 

building his habitat


Before his release, each kid wanted a picture with Indy to remember him by.
Oh, don't let the smiles fool you, there were some tears shed when the long dragged out deed was finally done.



Look at Indy, realizing he is outside again and trying to twist his way to freedom.
Which I guess he actually did as Callan just told me when he came in and saw this picture on my computer screen.
Oops, sorry poor fella, I hope he didn't injure himself too bad on his fall.

Thanks for the fun Indy... I am sure he didn't actually have any, but oh well my boys did. :)


No comments: