Sunday, October 24, 2010

TWO!

 Here is how it went...
Tuesday morning early- I am on the train on my way into NYC trying to think of what to do
for Callan's GOLDEN birthday the upcoming weekend
here enters...
THE MOST LAME invitation ever!
 (title given by one of my friends, and honestly, well deserved)

I literally sent a text message to a few of Callan's closest friends moms
(you know at 2, he has a plethora to choose from, ha ha)
 inviting them last minute to Callan's birthday party that Friday.
Yes, I know pretty pathetic, but guess what?
That is how I roll sometimes.

At least the third child got a celebration.
That is all that matters right?!?

It turned out pretty great if I must say so myself.
Cal LOVES anything transportation.
So hang up some road signs, a few flags, tell kids to bring their
favorite ride on toy to decorate and participate in a little obstacle course
and VOILA you've got yourself a party!

Doesn't he make TWO look cute!

  The Food...

                                                                
        Part of the obstacle course...


Look at this birthday boy, always the giver... Taking some of his friends for a ride.

The Cake...
(cake and frosting made from scratch, a super yummy recipe I recently found)


He is pretty happy right now, but as soon as the candles were lit he was terrified and kept screaming "NO! NO!"





The Cupcakes...
(those are supposed to be tires on top, humor me...I planned this thing in 3 days)


The party favors...

One of the brothers and his decorated ride...


One of his many Mickey Mouse presents a cell phone...


and his vintage Mickey Mouse, which now he sleeps with...

Happy Birthday CALLAN!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Sometimes the best parties are last minute. He loved it, and that is all that matters. I think your car wheel idea was pretty good.

Mary said...

I can't believe he is two already!! And yes, he does make two look cute. All of your kids are darling!

Lani said...

Awesome party, especially last minute. Is that the community center?

Juli said...

The cake looks yummy and I am impressed you made it from scratch. Too bad I wasn't there to taste it. His party looks like a lot of fun.