Sunday, February 28, 2010

40 is only a Number


(the party planners)
I can't believe we did it! But 4 of us gals were approached by a very sweet and doting husband to help him throw his wonderful wife a surprise 40th birthday party. He started planning this months ago and to keep her off his scent he planned it 6 weeks prior to her actual day so she wouldn't be suspecting it.
(after seeing her horrifing teen picture all blown up)
We decided to go with the "death of her youth" theme. Every one in attendance wore black and our food was black and white. Her husband put together a slideshow of her youth complete with pictures of old flames just to embarass her more. It was so fun! I thought it turned out great.
 Best of all IT WORKED!!
She didn't suspect a thing.
(Our "Old Lady" friend)

(Our fun group!)

2 comments:

Amy Cima said...

Oh good. You have other friends older than me. Whew. ha ha

Jennifer said...

These are the first pictures I've seen of my party! They look great. I know I have great friends who love to lie to me. And you know I would lie to you too!