I will get to posting about our wonderful, much needed, fantastic, fun filled vacation another post.
But right now my thoughts are wrapped around these endearing sentiments...
#1 going to McDonald's 3 times in one week
#2 going to reptile gardens, picking out an overpriced candy souvenir afterwards, eating one of the aforementioned times at McDonald's, climbing dinosaur mountain, finding an abandoned 4XL dirty red shirt and bringing it home to wash so Dad can have it when he gets back, and no day would be complete without ice cream from dairy queen (seriously? grandparents rule!)
#3 getting to take turns sleeping with grandma one night grandpa the next
#4 finding a dead snake in the road and getting to save it in a box in the freezer as a pet
#5 any errand ran with grandpa ends with a soda and or overpriced novelty candy
(you know the ones shaped as baby bottles, or have lights and whistles or some other eye catching gimmick to make moms the "bad guy" because we always say "no" as they walk down the check out aisle)
#6 when fighting or chaos ensues, laughter and patience is exhibited to work it out
#7 learning to play checkers and getting to play every other gamein the house with an adult for hours on end (cuz we all know parents will play for a little while but then we stop to get to whatever else we think is more important)
#8 unconditional love with endless kisses and hugs!
is it any wonder why Grandparents are the best...
thanks Grandma and Grandpa Shirley for taking such
great care of our babies while we were gone.
We are all lucky to have you!
(I know this photo isn't too recent but its the only one I had, but this is a photo I have always liked of these two.)
5 comments:
Isn't that what Grandparents are for, spoil them and then give them back?? I know that my mom and mother-in-law are good at doing that when my kids spend time with them. I am glad that you had a great time and your kids did as well.
Wow! You are really lucky! My parent's or Mitch's mom do not do that- ever! Lucky you and your boys!
That was a great post. Now I'm homesick for my parents or in-laws. I wish we lived closer. (Great picture of Mac and Shanna)
Heather that is the sweetest post. How lucky are your kids? I laughed hard at the 4XL tshirt and the pet snake. That's what you get with fun grandparents and three boys!!
HILARIOUS!!! I especially love the dead snake in the freezer one! :)
Post a Comment