Friday, July 8, 2011

Fini Flight

It is tradition that when you leave a flying squadron you get a "fini flight"
or final flight.  To add more onto an already full flight
I was able to do a spouse taxi. 
Which meant I got to get up at 5:30  to be to the base by 6:30
to get my life support gear and participate in all
the "excitement" that goes on before the jet actually takes flight.
 I had the privilege to sit around and wait for a couple of hours for our
first jet which ended up being broken for a second
jet which ended up getting stolen from another poor crew.
During all this pre-flight and waiting I got to sit on the potty.
It was a wonderful aroma filled experience. :)
When we were finally ready it was my turn to climb into the pilots seat
and taxi the plane to the edge of the runway so the qualified
crew could take off and do their mission.





my flight suit may be just a tad big.


After I ejected the jet I went home and got the boys from a wonderful babysitter who
had to start her job REALLY early to come back out and
do what all families look forward too.
Spraying down Cam with the fire hose and champagne.
In our case sparkling cider!
It is alot of fun the whole squadron comes out to the '
runway to welcome him back and participate in a
proper hose down.





3 comments:

Mary said...

Great pictures!! My favorite is the one of Mack and Creed drinking from the sparkling cider bottles, too cute : ) We will miss your family, but have fun on your new adventures.

Jennifer said...

How fun!! Glad you got to experience the potty! Now that is how memories are made.

Juli said...

What a fun experience. We miss you guys a ton! Chase said the other day he wanted Mack and Josh (his cousin) to come over.