Sunday, April 25, 2010

Not my nicest post...

If I hear this comment one more time after watching my
boys play, rough house, or goof around....

"Man, I am glad I only have *insert number of boy
children they  currently have* boy."

I think I may literally have to punch someone.

Seriously, you might as well tell me my boys
are rotten and I am a horrible mother. 
It is THAT insulting.

There! I said it! And yes, I do feel better! :)

9 comments:

Anneliese said...

I'm right there with you on stuff like that. I wish I could confront people on stuff like that -- sounding witty but get my point across -- guess I must've had a similar day :-(

robin said...

i don't know how anyone could say that! sheesh people...

Lani said...

Sorry, I had no idea that bothered you. People don't mean any offense, but its hard to hear the same comment over and over. I know your a great mom.

Anonymous said...

People only say that because they know there is no way they could possibly do as good as job as you with guiding, teaching and molding 3 such wonderful, young boys! People fear what they don't understand!

Leslie said...

I also love the comments, "Don't you wish you had a girl?" or, "I bet you really want a girl next."

wildthayn said...

Aren't you glad your life is NEVER boring? I've never met your boys, but I think you're pretty great, and I'm sure your boys are super fun, even on their worst days!! Don't worry about what other people say. They can't possibly understand how much joy those boys bring to your life. It takes a lot of "energy" to bring boys up right.

Emily said...

Punch them, it would feel so good! LOL I'm right there with you. Boys are wonderful! It's like the only thing people see is the silly, rough and tough, get into mischief side of boys. They don't see all the sweet things a boy does. And I have to say it takes an amazing, tough mother (like you!) to raise a bunch of wonderful, handsome, silly boys. Heather, I don't know how you do what you do, but I truly am grateful for the sacrifice you and Cam make for my family. Your strength amazes me. Hang in there!!!!

trish said...

Well you must be doing something right because Heavenly Father has given you 3 boys to raise as great priesthood holders! Besides I always (almost) feel the happiest when my kids are loud and having fun! Ya know where a kid can be a kid! Keep it up! and just tell them - you always know were they are!

Amber said...

Russ and I say that we are glad we have only two girls. Our girls are way more wild than our boys! Life would be way to boring and you wouldn't have as many cute stories to tell if our kids didn't have cute personalities! YOU ARE A WONDERFUL MOTHER! Remember that!